Friday, March 18, 2011

Greed and ipad service plans

Today, I decided to cut my mini sim card to a micro sim card. The procedure is quite a simple one that involves a printed template and a scissor. Here is a link to the template I used. I am using this micro-sim for the ipad as it only accepts micro sim cards.


One might wonder why would anyone do this? why not change it or buy another micro sim subscription plan for the ipad. The answer, sadly, is that cell phone companies are so greedy that they charge at least triple the price for an ipad micro sim card subscription. Further research led me to conclude that the reason for this micro-sim card is not solely for saving space, but for having different subscription plans. AT&T had a hand in the decision that the ipad uses this new standard.

Thankfully, a simple search online led me to discover that the micro-sim card has exactly the same connectors as the normal mini-sim card. One has to only trim the edges a little for it to fit in the ipad/iphone tray. I guess greed has a way of turning back onto itself.

PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID!!! HEAR THAT SERVICE PROVIDERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment